You can now create your own Green Plan To Save The Planet at the Yahoo! Green website (click here to go to the site)
There are a few things that I like about this site:
- There are A LOT of different actions that are listed. Just reading through the list gives ideas of what sorts of daily decisions can make a difference - many that I've not seen listed elsewhere.
- You can have the actions listed by lifestyle, category, effort, and impact.
- Each action has an short explanation of why it is a good thing to do and where to get more information.
- The site records your commitments and totals your carbon savings.
- The site also totals the commitments of all of the people users.
- There is a map feature to see what areas have the most people participating.
There are a couple of things that I do not see in this program:
- Any incentives. Wouldn't it be cool to make something like this a contest?
- Any accountability. There is a huge difference between PLANNING to do something and ACTUALLY DOING it.
But, anything that gives people ideas of how they can change their behavior to reduce their carbon footprint is a good thing. Check it out!