I resolve to:
- increase the influence of the Sustainable Energy Alliance on the lives of people in and around Kennebunk
- develop this blog as an informative, entertaining, thought-provoking source for people who care about meeting the challenges of global warming
- find ways to continue to reduce our household's carbon footprint
- investigate buying carbon off-sets to make our household "carbon neutral"
- look for ways to increase the amount of local food that we buy
- write to my elected officials at the federal and state levels to lobby for legislation to address climate change (raising CAFE standards, significant subsidies for renewable energy, reductions in the corporate welfare given to oil companies, a taxation of oil company profit to fund additional renewable energy research and development)
- plant a garden that grows a respectable amount of produce (the one planted last season a little disappointing...)
- determine whether it is feasible to install solar panels on our house
I hope that you'll join me in resolving to reduce your environmental impact in 2007! I hope that you will post a comment to let me know your resolutions and if there is any way that I can help you achieve them.